Safe Streets is a collaborative worldwide project which will aggressively network over the whole of 2012 in our search for shaping ideas with some of the leading thinkers, groups and programs in the field , looking to the future but also not forgetting the past — including drawing attention to the defining contributions of a certain number of leading thinkers. teachers, writers and sustainability activists, who are no longer with us but who through their work have laid down some of the most important principles which we now need to recall and take into account as we move to create a broad common framework for sustainable streets all over the world. For those of you who do not already know about the formidable vision and work of Donald Appleyard, we have pulled together a collection of reference points that should give you a good first introduction, and at the end of this piece some additional reference materials for those wishing to go further (as indeed you should).
RESOURCES in Brief
- Getting from here to there: Chinese Cities Use Prices to Reduce Demand for Autos--and It Works! fb.me/2kE2B35vL 9 hours ago
- 'Walkable City, Living Streets' conference (7 May 2013) - Civic Exchange co-hosted a full-day conference... fb.me/2GCNg3wrF 1 day ago
- sharingwheels.net/indexeng.html SHARING WHEELS is a free bike rental service, created and maanged... fb.me/2xbLJo8dh 1 day ago
- ITDP中国 | Institute for Transportation and Development Policy fb.me/KdKnfjId 1 day ago
- bbc.co.uk/news/world-asi… fb.me/RGgFdJip 3 days ago
- The Sharing Economy Comes Home to World Streets fb.me/1ulkGPA7f 5 days ago
- - - - > Go to Challenge Group
World Streets projects
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.